The Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs provides professional development opportunities to support faculty success and satisfaction at UCSF.
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
UCSF is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD). NCFDD is an independent, membership-based organization that provides holistic professional development for faculty at all ranks through online core curriculum webinars, multi-week courses, peer mentoring, writing challenges and other resources
As institutional members, UCSF faculty can access NCFDD resources for free by setting up an account online. To activate your account click here.
The institutional membership is sponsored by the Campus Council on Faculty Life (CCFL).
Member services include the following:
- Webinars – Members can learn at their convenience. A calendar is available online at https://www.facultydiversity.org/events (only viewable when signed-in).
- Faculty Success Program- a 12-week virtual boot camp for faculty who want to learn how to increase their research productivity, get control of their time, and live a full and healthy life beyond campus.
- Weekly emails, called the Monday Motivator that reinforce the core curriculum.
- 14-day Writing Challenges.
- Private online space to network, share, and peer-mentor
- Other: Career Center (post/search job listings), multi-week courses, and library.
- NCFDD Membership Report
This report provides an overview and some highlights of UCSF's membership since joining in 2015, including membership and program participation numbers.